The Fine and Visual Arts Program
The Fine and Visual Arts program is designed to provide children with the opportunity to explore, create and express themselves through a variety of different media. The children will be invited to the Art Studio twice a week and will participate in a variety of open-ended explorations. The children will have the opportunity to learn about the characteristics of different materials including, but not limited to; natural materials, black line marker, watercolors including: paint, pencils and liquid, acrylic paint, clay and wire. Through each exploration, the children will develop an ability to create representations of their ideas and theories supporting and expanding their self-expression. We often refer to these expressions as languages; our goal is for children to have multiple “languages” with which to express themselves.
“Every child is an artist. The problem is how to remain an artist once we grow up”
Throughout the school year the children will…
- Design representations using materials found in nature.
- Tell a story through the simplicity of line.
- Explore the endless opportunities of color.
- Express ideas through the power of a paint brush.
- Manipulate clay to communicate theories.
- Create connections with wire to symbolize relationships.