are an important and necessary part of our program at the Barbara Vick Early Childhood and Family Center. The active participation of all parents is strongly encouraged. Parents can volunteer in the classroom where they have opportunities to observe appropriate teaching practices and are able to interact with the children. There are various other ways for parents to become involved in the life of the school.
- Attend Orientation/Opening week
- Volunteer to help from home
- Attend parent/teacher conferences
- Participate in the book lending library
- Participate in school wide activities
- Volunteer at the annual Book Fair
- Sign up to be a Room Parent
- Volunteer in your child’s classroom
- Attend parent meetings, conferences, and workshops throughout the year.
- Participate in Child/Parent Activities
We are requesting that each family have at least two volunteer contacts with the Center per quarter.